Age-related changes in the face can be devastating to one’s self-image and self-confidence. Not only does the skin begin to show fine lines, wrinkles and creases, but facial fat volume begins to decrease as well, leaving the complexion looking dull and hollowed. Hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers such as Juvederm from Allergan can help smooth the skin, plump the lips, and enhance the youthfulness of your appearance, all without downtime or the risks of facelift surgery.
What are dermal fillers?
Facial fillers are invaluable in the fight against aging. They can help smooth facial scarring, raise depressions in the skin, plump and augment the lips non-surgically, or replace facial volume loss. This is accomplished in a safe, gentle, non-invasive manner with no downtime or discomfort.
Dr. Nadeau is a seasoned injector and trainer for Allergan, makers of Juvederm, BOTOX and Kybella, three of the most potent and popular dermal fillers on the market. Juvederm has as its primary ingredient hyaluronic acid, a natural compound found in the human body that gives the skin its softness, resilience and supple quality. As we age, our supply of hyaluronic acid dwindles, and we may need an injectable such as Juvederm to help reverse the hollowness in the facial contours.
“I see Dr. Nadeau for my filler and BOTOX. She is an absolute artist when it comes to filler. She will take her time assessing your face and listen to your needs and concerns while also giving her honest input and advice to steer you in the right direction. I was certain that I wanted fuller lips, but we ended up treating my cheeks and under-eyes and it has made all the difference.” Patient
What are the different Juvederm formulations?
- Juvederm Voluma XC: Voluma works to correct age-related facial volume loss, restoring more youthful, vibrant contours to the midface.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: This filler works to smooth out entrenched wrinkles and folds, with results lasting anywhere from 9 to 12 months at a time.
- Juvederm Ultra XC: This formulation is effective in correcting the area around the lips, and enhancing the lips themselves for a more youthful smile. Results can last up to one year.
- Juvederm Volbella: Volbella is effective in increasing the lip volume with natural-looking results, while softening the perioral lines.
What are the benefits of facial fillers?
- Improved self-confidence in your appearance
- A more youthful, refreshed complexion
- No anesthesia or incisions
- No downtime, return to work or school right away
- Treat the areas around the eyes
- Improve midface volume loss
- Enhance and soften the lips
- Reduce vertical lip lines
- Fill in the nasolabial folds
- Corrects acne and acne scarring
How can I determine my candidacy for facial fillers in Seattle?
If you would like to improve your appearance, but are not interested in a more invasive surgical procedure such as a facelift, brow lift, or neck lift, then treatment with dermal fillers in Seattle may be an excellent option for your aesthetic goals. Those suffering from moderate wrinkles, fine lines, and folds, sunken cheeks, thinning lips or dark under-eye circles can all benefit from treatment with Allergan products and other facial fillers.
Note that heavy smokers are not good candidates for dermal filler treatment. Their skin takes longer to heal and they are more prone to wrinkling in general. In addition to being non-smokers, patients should be in good mental and physical health with realistic expectations for their results.