While many women desire a larger cup size, there are those that want nothing more than to find relief from overly large breasts that are causing a host of physical problems such as pain, discomfort and chaffing. Our Seattle breast reduction procedure removes excess fat, skin and tissue, reshaping the breasts so that they are more proportionate to the rest of the body. The result is a more youthful and attractive upper body silhouette.
“I refer Dr. Nadeau to anyone I know. She was awesome from the first appointment and I got approved right away. Dr. Nadeau is an expert. Her team is awesome. You girls rock! High fives and my deep respect!" Patient
What are the benefits of a breast reduction?
- Can relieve pain in the neck, back and shoulders
- Can alleviate pressure and chaffing from the bra straps
- Can help improve stamina and energy
- Improves posture
- Better proportions in the upper body
- A better fit in clothing, eveningwear and swimwear
- More enjoyment in sports and exercise
- Greater self-confidence
- Natural-looking results
Who makes a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
You may be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction in Seattle if…
- Your breast size is lowering the quality of your life
- Your breasts are causing pain or discomfort
- Your posture is poor due to heavy breasts
- You find it difficult to sleep because of your breasts
- You feel self-conscious about your appearance
- Your BMI is 35 or lower
- You wish to decrease your breast size by at least 2 cups
- You are in good health, both physically and emotionally
- You do not smoke, or are willing to quit prior to and after surgery
- You are realistic in your expectations for your outcome
- You suffer from rashes or chaffing due to your breasts rubbing against your skin
Before and After
What will my recovery be like?
Immediately following surgery, your breasts may be swollen and sore. Dr. Nadeau will send you home with the appropriate pain medications to ease your discomfort, along with a full aftercare plan giving instructions for your care. You will wear a compression garment to help minimize swelling and maintain your new, beautiful shape. Activity should be non-strenuous for the first few weeks as you heal, and you should avoid all heavy lifting for at least 4 weeks. Dr. Nadeau will meet with you for follow up in order to ensure your recovery is going as planned.